Preview: English Premier League 2018-2019 Season
English Premier League, The 27th season (2018-2019) of the EPL will be held from the 10th of August 2018 to 12th May 2019 with the 1st match will be played between Manchester United and Leicester City on the 11th of August.
Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City will start their title defend against Arsenal in an away match on the sprawling green meadows of the Emirates Stadium on 12th of August. It will be a test of nerves for the newly appointed Manager of Arsenal, Mr. Unai Emery.
Top players Transfer News:
There were many transfer deals signed among the teams of EPL this season. The transfer window in England will slam shut sharp at 5pm on 9th August 2018. This is the first time the deadline has been enforced before a ball has been kicked in the English Premier League.
The top player transfers that have made the EPL more interesting this season are;
1. Richarlison-The 21 yearold Brazilian forward is transferred to Everton from Watford for a whopping 40 million Euros.
2. Alisson Becker-The Brazilian goalkeeper who impressed with his skills in the World Cup is transferred to Liverpool from AS Roma signing a deal of 65 million Euros.
3. Riyad Mahrez -The Algerian winger is transferred from Leicester City to Manchester City for a hefty 60 million Euros.
4. Fred -Thetough-tackling Brazilian defender is transferred toManchester United from Shakhtar Donetsk for 43.7 million Euros
5. Jorginho -The coveted Italian-Brazilian is Transferred to Chelsea from Napoli for 50.4 million Euros
Winner predictions of this season:
Eminent Sports Presenter Richard Keys has once again made a controversial prediction regarding the winner of the English Premier league of the 2018-19 season. He thinks that Liverpool F.C. will end their 29 years of pain and will win the Premier League title this season
Lucky and Unlucky teams of Previous Season:
Liverpool were the ‘unluckiest’ team in the EPL last year while Man Utd were the ‘luckiest’, new research claims.
The Reds dropped 12 points in gamess affected by mistakley disallowed goals or incorrect decisions on penalties and red cards, says a study
With the Premier League transfer window slamming shut in just one day, here are 8 big deals that could still go through before the end of the window.
Jack Butland could leave Stokes City for Chelsea
Yerry Mina could leave FC Barcelona for Everton
Bernard could join Everton or Chelsea on a free deal
Toby Alderweireld could leave Tottenham for Man U
Harry Maguire could leave Leicester city for Man U
Jerome Boateng could leave Bayern Munich for Man U